Friday, January 13, 2017

Good Morning (almost afternoon here).  Hope you are all having a good week.  Have been a bit slow on blogging.  Slug.

In reading comments on Hunter's blog hunteronmaui.blogspot.com, I decided to join forces with Liz A imgoingtotexas.blogspot.com and Liz D gone2thebeach.blogspot.com and show my version of organized (ahem) thread:


Occasionally, I do entertain the thought of winding the threads on appropriate devices.  Then, I tell myself that I could be sewing instead of organizing.  Ha!

My story cloth is behind.  The picture below is of the first 10 days of January.  Lots to catch up on for end of November thru end of December.  It will get done, eventually.



The pic below is a small quilt I am working on from Kathy Tracy's latest book "Small and Scrappy."  A lovely book by a lovely lady.  sentimentalquilter.blogspot.com

I am also behind on the 1 year of stitches project.  Ho hum.  I might just post about it here rather than follow the rest of the group.  So me, not following all the rules.  The older I get, the more flexible (in some ways!) I become.  Often, I like to dip my toe in the pool, but, find myself admiring the others from a distance.  Its suppose to be fun, enjoyable and fulfilling, right?

Anyway, you all inspire me more than I can say.  My Kindred Spirits.  Weaving the paths with all of you.  I count myself blessed.

Sending you all a great big hug filled with gratitude, admiration, kinship, love and peace.

8 comments:

  1. Great post ... your 2017 patches are so intriguing. Hope you'll consider some close-up shots!

    And I'm trying to work up the energy to do some posting myself ... but for now I'm enjoying the efforts of others in blog-land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz...I am slipping on this project. Eek! Yes, I will gradually do close ups and commentaries. You are my inspiration on this journey of patches.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post. The small patches fascinate me. Maybe next year.

    I'm grateful to the "1 Stitch" project. It helped me get stitching. It's now moved to a project or idea that belonged to someone else to belonging to me.

    And my personal answer to the thread question? I threw them out. Every last one. And I'm making more already.

    Thank you for being such a great blog friend.

    Aloha,

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Hunter, I am so glad you have been inspired. My hoop is collecting dust.

      Delete
  3. Interesting projects...your journey. I don t see your little quilt tho?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha-ha! I like that way of looking at it ... flexible. I seriously have commitment issues since I quit working a year and a half ago. I don't like joining anything as I don't like having a deadline. When I do commit myself to something, I start to feel stress. And quitting work was supposed to be about limiting stress and being flexible. :) I have to constantly remind myself of that. Your little quilt project looks lovely. I'm not a sewer but like simple stitchings, mostly cross-stitch. Have a good week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Tammy! I see the crocheted items on your blog - my Mom taught me to crochet and knit when I was a little girl. Still two of my favorite forms of needlework. Yes, I too, struggle with the deadline issues. I retired about a year and a half ago. Needlework is suppose to be a source of solace, right?!

      Delete