Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Hi on Wednesday

Hope all is well with you and yours

Just a few snippets tonight.  Currently working on Kathy Tracy's Scrappy Star Quilt from her book titled "Remembering Adelia."


Below is one of the completed blocks which I posted recently


For Kathy Tracy's March Challenge https://sentimentalquilter.blogspot.com/2017/03/march-winds-and-pinwheels.html, I have been busy preparing the patches for "Scrappy Pinwheels."


Today, DH and I decided to take advantage of a sunshiney day.  Drove to a favorite spot about 100 miles from home.  A town called "Lena."  DH and I camp here at  a local state park and pay a visit to the "Lena Mercantile,"  while in that area.  The Mercantile is a charming collection of antiques, odds and ends and many pleasant finds.  The Proprietress, Ruth Maedge is a gem.  We have become friends over the years.  http://www.lenamercantile.com/


Just noticed that there appears to be a reflective pond in front of the Merc; its actually the roof our our car!

In my next post, I will include pictures of a few items I purchased there and also, a small quilt I purchased at another stop on the way to Lena.

It was a good day spent with my best friend.

Oh, found an unexpected and delicious place to have lunch between the quilt shop and Lena.  Its called "Dickey's BBQ."  https://www.dickeys.com/  DH and I first tasted the wonderful beef brisket sandwhiches in Texas on the long road trip in November and December of last year.  Yum!

Blessings sent your way!
Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment