Friday, January 4, 2019

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday, I had the sincere pleasure of attending Kevin Huffman's (https://kevinthequilter.blogspot.com) lecture/trunk show hosted by the Sinnissippi Quilters https://sinnissippiquilters.org/ at a lovely, old Church in Rockford IL yesterday.  Kevin is a super person,  down-to-earth and filled with boundless energy and a contagious love of quilting.  The lecture was entertaining, informative and a lovely way to spend an afternoon.  

To be perfectly honest, as I mentioned to Kevin, I was in a funk before I arrived at his trunk show.  Well, a little over an hour later, I was feeling so much better and excited about returning home to get some serious sewing accomplished.  If you ever have the opportunity to attend one of Kevin's events, I highly recommend it.  

The pictures I snapped are not the best; however, they will give you a glimpse of some of his stunning quilts.  














Last, but not least, I decided to purchase a Paper White flower bulb from Trader Joe's recently.  My friend, Lizzie from https://gone2thebeach.blogspot.com/, has been "raising" these lovely flowers for years.  So, Lizzie, if you are reading this blog:  HELP!  I need some guidance as to how to follow through with tending this "garden."  

Have a blessed weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by!

Sue

2 comments:

  1. Sue, I know that I would enjoy sitting beside you looking at those gorgeous quilts by Kevin. I especially like that wonky flying geese one in the early half of the post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lovely way to spend an evening. I think the flying geese are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete