Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Good Wednesday evening...

Hope you are all well.

Unfortunately, I am still behind on the story cloth (sigh).

I did complete the second block of the Scrappy Stars Quilt (Kathy Tracy pattern).


Must learn how to take better pictures!  The fabric next to the yellow is actually gray.

In my prior post, I mentioned that I had the chance to attend Kathy Tracy's book signing and trunk show at the Quilt Merchant quilt shop in Winfield IL http://journeyofaquiltlover.blogspot.com/
Kathy's quilts are simply lovely.

The Quilt Merchant is a great shop.  The Proprietress, Val is so sweet.

That's it for today.  Another project looming in the background is a quilt my MIL began back in the 1970's.  She handpieced the blocks (all 27 of them, so, 5 across, 5 top to bottom and 2 pillows).  This is a very large quilt.  With sashings, the blocks measure about 16.5 inches square.  I decided to use the quilt as you go method as its just way too huge for me to handle on my sewing machine.  I am hoping to get this project wrapped up in time for her birthday on March 20.  More to follow.



3 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity to see a Kathleen Tracy show! Lucky you!

    I m interested in your MIL's project, I d love to see the blocks. Would you consider having it professionally quilted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, the quilt block is lovely. Your MIL's project sounds like a big one. Just a month now to finish it. Good luck.

    You're a no-reply blogger so I can't respond to you by email. But you asked about the blue granny square. I often make granny squares just for the sake of making because they are quick and easy and because I have so much yarn stash. The cheaper yarns are used for yarnbombing. And the better ones are made up into baby blankets for charity. I just like to keep busy making something.

    Have a great new week.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete