Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Good Wednesday Evening...

As always, I hope all is well.  Tonight, I am sharing another project which I started a few days ago.  



This is a block in progress from Kathy Tracy's book "Remembering Adelia."  The pattern, Scrappy Star Quilt.  Kathy's patterns are well detailed and easy to follow.  I have all of Kathy's books and a number of stand alone patterns.  I have also had the privilege of spending some time with Kathy during class, trunk shows, meeting along the way and dining.  She is so down-to-earth.  Love ya, Kathy!

The block is almost complete.  Not sure about you, but, I seem to have a deficit when it comes to bias blocks (entirely my goof and no reflection of quilt designers).  Just when I think I have it clinched, zap!  Rip, rip, rip.  Good thing I have one of those handy ergonomic seam rippers.  

Oh, by the way, one of the great things about this pattern is that there are no set-in seams for the Lemoyne Star.  Half square triangles make this star come together without trying to get all those little intersections to get along with each other.  If I do a set-in seam, I try to do it by hand piecing.  Much easier for me to handle then on a sewing machine.  

Well, I will close for now.  I'll be back on Sunday.  Hopefully, I will have an update on the story cloth.  Take care.  Blessings to all.  

6 comments:

  1. Your Star block is beautiful, I love the deep rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz...I am trying to incorporate more deep colors in this quilt. A learning lesson for me.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful star. And that sounds like a great way to make them.

    I love your posts and I'm already looking forward to your next one.

    Aloha,
    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hunter! I look forward to my sojourns to HI when I visit your blog.

      Delete