Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Good Morning,

This morning, my husband and I attended a funeral Mass for a lady whom we never met.  Let me preface the following by stating that neither of us did this to win accolades.  The Pastor sent an e-mail to the congregation explaining that Mary, age 87, died with only one surviving relative, a cousin, who was unable to attend the service.  Nothing more was known about Mary, other than that Mary's Mother was buried from this same Church 12 years ago (the only connection spoken of).  My husband and I felt sorry for this woman, bringing to light that, this could very well be us one day.

When the priest began Mass, he thanked the attendees, perhaps thirty in total, for coming to celebrate her life and journey to the Lord.  It gave dignity to this woman.  She was not forgotten.  All that attended were considered brothers and sisters.  We belong to each other in some form.

Mary was cremated.  At the end of the Mass, the congregation filed alongside the baptismal font, making a sign of the Cross over the beautiful, wooden box which held Mary's ashes.

I am so glad that my husband and I attended.  We were "called" to walk beside Mary along this path of her life.  We hope to meet her someday. God Bless You Mary.

May you all be blessed today and always.  Treasure who you have.  I have come to call you, my fellow bloggers,  friends.  Even though I have never met most of you face-to-face (yet!), I have come to know your hearts.  You continue to share your time, talent and treasure.  I am happy to call you friend.

18 comments:

  1. and now i know her too...someone in New Mexico...
    Goodbye, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Texas ... weaving a web of caring. God speed Mary ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A kind and gracious thing for you to do.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holding unknown people in our hearts as brothers and sisters is the opening for which the world is waiting. Thank you for taking this action. Farewell, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and, this world needs a whole lot more! Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Very sweet. We all need each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do need each other. Thank you, Lori!

      Delete
  6. PS Great job on your blogger add ins on your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... very powerful, Susan. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that - good to see you here (smile)

      Delete
  8. Wow what a nice thing to do. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a nice thing to do. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie...thank you for the kind words and for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Aloha, Mary. Thank you for sharing your loving thoughts, Sue. Hunter

    ReplyDelete