Friday, October 28, 2016

Hi Everyone!

Hope today finds you and yours well.

Today, I finished my quilt top from  Lori's Madder Quilt SAL.  Here is a picture of the top, which has a few boo boos; however, I am OK with the boo boos.  Really lending itself to the homemade - make do approach!  While I was ironing the top, I thought to myself, each item I make is one more lesson in how to improve or accept the outcome.

My husband is very supportive of my hobbies, thank you Frank!  He reminds me every so often that this is something to be enjoyed; not a chore.

One of my other favorite past times is reading mysteries.  My dear friend, Liz D, has introduced me to a number of great series.  Today, I will start reading the most recent installment  Sheila Connolly's Orchard Series.  The title of this book is "Seeds of Deception."  Nearly finished with Ann Cleeves  Vera Stanhope Series, most recent book "Moth Catcher."

Does anyone else find that in reading books in series, you become familiar with characters who are a constant in each installment, then, missing them when the series is awaiting the next installment or has reached its final chapter?  I hope I'm not alone!  There are other series which I will comment on going forward.

It's a beautiful Autumn day here in Illinois.  Chilly at 50, a bit windy, but, sunny.  I will gladly take this weather.

Have a great day.  Be well.  Be happy.  Be safe.  Blessings from my threads to yours.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Sue!

    Your small quilt is beautiful. How will you do the quilting?
    Both you and Frank have good advice---to learn from ''mistakes'' and to enjoy the process. I ll keep it in mind as I finish my own imperfect version Of Quilters' Madder.

    I m glad you re liking the series I've reccommended too. Like you I really enjoy grtting to knopw the characters as I read an entire series. I do miss them, but then the yearly new installments are like visits with old friends, something to look forward to.
    Ann Cleeves Isle of Lewis series is very good too, esp if you google view the island to see it; also, again, Louise Penny. And the new Mitch Rapp, posthumously by Vince Flynn & new guy is well done in a movie thriller sort of way.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love madder's warmth ... a perfect pairing for a quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha, Sue. Your quilt is beautiful. If there's a mistake I sure can'take see it. Lol

    Besides, if there is one, it just makes your quilt even more unique.

    I can hardly wait to read the rest of your posts.

    I, too, love book series. I often reread them. I like the Reached books, the Dresden Files, the Spenser books...

    It'seems time for grocery shopping.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, i love your make do approach in the border. I love seeing everyone's unique interpretations. It's been another fun Lori quilt-along :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marian...nice to see you here. Thanks for the kudos.

      Delete
  5. Nice work--I think the pieced border is a really nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet. Appreciate your comment and visit!

      Delete
  6. This is a little quilt that should not feel like a chore. I'm so glad you sewed a long!

    ReplyDelete