Sunday, October 16, 2016

Good Sunday Morning!

Hope this finds you and yours well.  I have two works in progress to share today:

The first one showcases the hand dyed fabric patches recently purchased from Jude Hill of Spirit Cloth.  This is my attempt at joining in for her SunMoonStars project.  Over the past few days, I used Jude's glue baste method to prepare the patches for joining.  All patches were whip stitched together using a single strand of medium/dark gray DMC floss.  Eventually, I will add embellishments.  The patch packets from Jude sell quickly.  What attracted me the most about this particular packet (Cosmos #22) was the center Moon.  The texture of the fabric and the color of the Moon.  Although green is my ultimate favorite color, more and more I find myself leaning towards gray.  Maybe its because I am sprouting more gray hairs on my head?!  Love gray hair.
 This next piece is my own concoction of the nine patch with practice stitching and embellishing.  Again, a Jude inspired creation.  The blue patch with stars is actually pre-printed fabric.  Just seemed to fit in with the theme.  "Good Morning, Mr. Sunshine, you brighten up my days..."

12 comments:

  1. oh it's so great that you started a blog and to see them all stitched together already. And that you are going with all your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Love the moons, and also tiny accent patches /embroidery on the second work.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizzy. Appreciate you being here.

      Delete
  3. Gray is the new blond? Okay, just kidding. But I agree that the middle moon is a treasure.

    So glad to see your stitching here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Details in your photos are enlarging nicely on my iPhone

      Delete
    2. Liz...thank you for the heads up on the photo enlarging. I was never a blond. A red head for awhile. Now, I am just going with what God gave me (smile).

      Delete
  4. Love the texture of the blue fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it awesome. Remarkable how texture can draw us in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know several women who are coloring their hair because they can't stand gray hair. I love gray hair and I'm treasuring each one of mine. I wish I would go all gray. lol.

    I'm enjoying reading all your posts.

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete