Sunday, December 11, 2016

Good Son Day Morning!

The snow is falling here.  Appropriate time to show more warm weather pics from the trip.

We were traveling the day of my birthday (November 28).  Originally, we had planned on spending a few hours in New Orleans; however, after hearing about a shooting around the French Quarter that day or the day before, we decided to have our treat of Beignet and Chickory Coffee au Lait at a satellite Cafedumonde   cafedumonde.com near the motel we stayed at outside of NOLA

Nice drive along the Gulf Coast through FL, MS and then, on to LA.  Although I don't recall the name of the restaurant and the food was marginal, dining along the coast was nice.  






The quilt blocks were at a "comfort stop" along the way through Louisiana.  The bear sign and Hot Pepper Express train were at the McIlhenney Tabasco Museum on Avery Island tabasco.com/avery-island.  Was so surprised to see quite a few signs throughout LA for bears.

Next post, Texas, pardners.
Blessings to all!


6 comments:

  1. Great pictures ... and love that Louisisna has a state quilt block. Who knew?

    And my, oh my ... do I have fond memories of beignets at Cafe du Monde!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although we had the beignets there, we did bring back a can of the chickory coffee mix. Earlier this year, I found Cafe du Monde's mix for the beignets at World Market not far from home. You can also go on line and purchase from Cafe du Monde.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. the bear signs would put me off my picnic plans.

    Snow sounds lovely. I ll always remember flying home from college, driving thru the snowy roads from OHare. Seemed we always had a white Christmas in IL, I loved living there.

    Have you seen/ read about the German Holiday Market downtown? You should go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have not been to the Chriskindelmart downtown yet. The town here had their own version which was much smaller in scale.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Absolutely! I thought Louisiana was more reptiles. We did spot a tiny gecko while touring the Tabasco factory. Sure was a cutie.

      Delete