Saturday, December 17, 2016

Great Expectations...

Not the book.  Not the movie.  Great Expectations of the holiday season which I struggle with each year.

Self imposed, familial, social.  Although I have always loved Christmas and, as an adult, became more and more aware of the Reason for the Season, the "struggle"  lies within.

Yes, I realize that I cannot please everyone.  Ha!  It is the time for families to draw near.  Unfortunately, its not always Currier and Ives or Norman Rockwell, is it?  I tell myself, its two days out of the year to grin and bear it  Expectations!  More considerations.  More "zip my lip."  I am far from perfect.  Expectations...

No doubt, others feel this way when including me in their plans.  Ho Ho Ho!

So, here is my little sunshine patch from Jude Hill's threadcrumbs.bigcartel.com/ shop, using http://spiritcloth.typepad.com/spirit_cloth/faces / technique for face details.  As many times as I have looked at his face, I cannot quite define the expression.

Today, I think he is pondering about Expectations.

Have a Blessed Day!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Sue! I think your little Mr Sunshine looks quite pleased with himself. ["I got this, Sue, it'll be summer before ya know it. I know you love me. Yeah, I know, Mr Snow Storm and his buddy North Wind have moved in. Bummer, right. And the rels? Yeesh. Gone before ya know it. Really."]

    I enjoy the holidays. There is a lot of pressure, mostly self inflicted. This year due to my health issues I m trying very hard to keep things small and go slowly. But I truly think the big busy hoo hah, all out, too big, too much, too crazy, is a LOT more fun. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Christmas season, but probably more so now that kids are not at home. When they were little it was hard for them not to compare. Nowadays, I just have fun and put no expectations on myself.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete